Friday, August 1, 2008

Back from Oblivian

Wow.

Blogger-bots, scouring the web with algorithms and little else, pissed off a lot of folks over the past 24 hours, automatically shutting down blogs around the world with no recourse and no warning, requiring us to wait for anonymous workers to determine that our sites are not spam- or phishing-platforms.

One day later, I'm back online and feeling relieved. But the initial notice, including a threat to delete my blog, was scary stuff. I take only small pleasure in knowing that I was not alone.

I can only hope that Blogger learned something in this mess. They're right to be vigilant against spammers and other online criminals using the web for their nefarious schemes. But there's got to be a better way to handle these matters.

Blogger is a solid platform, but they risked a lot of goodwill today.

No comments: