Thursday, May 9, 2013
Preparing a presentation on small group communication strategies for the SJSU Salzburg Club, I found it useful to develop a list of conflict management strategies. This list is telegraphically written and can hardly be considered complete. I might return to this collection sometime down the road.
10. Presume that the "right people are in the room"
9. Balance individual and group needs
8. Clarify objectives and deliverables
7. Rotate devil's advocate position
6. Explore alternative venues
5. Assess first; evaluate later
4. Practice active listening
3. Strive for win-win
2. Take a long view