Thursday, January 12, 2012

Raygun Gothic - Part 3

"Los Angeles was a bad idea, and I spent two weeks there. It was prime [Raygun] country; too much of the Dream there, and too many fragments of the Dream waiting to snare me. I nearly wrecked the car on a stretch of overpass near Disneyland, when the road fanned out like an origami trick and left me swerving through a dozen minilanes of whizzing chrome teardrops with shark fins. [Hollywood was] even worse."

- William Gibson, "The Gernsback Continuum"


Here's my final (for now!) collection of Raygun Gothic photos [don't forget to check out Part 1 and Part 2]. Naturally we have to conclude our tour in L.A.!


Cole and Santa Monica, West Hollywood

Cole and Santa Monica, West Hollywood (another view)

Crossroads of the World (1936)

Former KFI Radio Station Building (1936)

Griffith Park Observatory Obelisk (1934)
(Photographs by Andrew Wood)

No comments: