Thursday, January 27, 2011

Mind-blowing: New Chinese Export

Shanghai street scene (Andrew F. Wood, photographer)
Business Insider has gathered a pithy (and sometimes troubling) collection of factoids about China - info-bombs that will, I'm told, blow your mind!

[No, I will not link to the Scanners Head Explosion Scene that's available with a two-second Google search. Just put it out of your mind.]

Here are three brain-bursting truth-bombs:

• "By 2025, China will build TEN New York-sized cities."

• "There are already more Christians in China than Italy, and China is on track to become the largest center of Christianity in the world."

• "China has 150% more soldiers than America does, plus a high tech 'Kill Weapon' the U.S. can't deal with."

OK, my brain's feeling a bit queazy. Gotta sit down. Now - can you take it?

Read both sets:

15 Facts About China That Will Blow Your Mind

15 More Facts About China That Will Blow Your Mind

Since I'm writing about Shanghai these days and returning to China this summer [here's a link to our first trip] I plan to double-check these facts; I recommend that you do as well.

Still, it's fascinating stuff.

No comments: