Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Omnitopia Update

Not much to write today, other than the happy news that I've sent the manuscript for the omnitopia book, now tentatively titled City Ubiquitous: Place, Communication, and the Rise of Omnitopia, off to Hampton Press for copy-editing. I have no idea what next steps are in store; the timeline remains fluid, as it often does in the publishing biz. But I'm so glad to have come to this point in the evolution of the omnitopia project.

To add an exclamation point to that good news, I just today received my copy of Sith, Slayers, Stargates, + Cyborgs: Modern Mythology in the New Millennium, edited by David Whitt and John Perlich and published by Peter Lang. This book contains a chapter I wrote, entitled "'Small World': Alex Proyas' Dark City and Omnitopia." The chapter offers my most current summary and application of the omnitopian framework - and it celebrates a movie that is sadly under-recognized.

Visit my Center for Omnitopian Studies to download an excerpt.

I'll keep you posted on my progress as this project reaches fruition. But for now, I am due a good nap.

No comments: