Monday, June 13, 2011

Back from China

I can't recall a time when I've been more jetlagged (and that includes the previous times I visited the PRC), but I'm certainly happy to be back home after two extraordinarily busy weeks in China and Taiwan.

My goal for this trip was to collect footage and interviews for a forthcoming video project on the SJSU College of Engineering's Global Technology Initiative. Along the way I worked with Richard Chung to manage internal logistics for 23 students - many of whom had never before traveled outside the country.

On average I snagged five hours of sleep a night as we visited Beijing, Shanghai, Hangzhou, Taipei, and Hsinchu. We hiked the Great Wall, sailed West Lake, toured companies and universities, and even visited a nuclear power plant.

Along the way I snapped plenty of pix and shot hours of video. Sometime later this summer I hope to upload my notes in blog-form. In the meantime, I wanted to share a few images from an exhilarating (and exhausting) trip.


(Great Wall photograph by Jonatan Lopez; other photos by Andrew F. Wood)

No comments: