Monday, April 2, 2012

2012 Solo Road Trip: Day 16 (Tucumcari, NM to Albuquerque, NM)





Slept in at the Blue Swallow, waking to 40s tunes playing from an outdoor speaker. Dropped by Santa Rosa's blue pool (watching as German tourists gasp after diving into the chilly water). Arrived early in Albuquerque - just in time for near-freezing rain.

Blerg!... 

I'd been so excited for a night of photography on the Mother Road's best street for neon, only to imagine it all being washed away by the downpour. Fortunately the rain dissipated for about an hour, allowing me to race from one end of Central Ave. to another, shooting under an umbrella.

As usual, I found fewer lit signs this time than during my previous visit. Surely there will be fewer survivors next time. I'm glad to "save" a few in video form.

No comments: