Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Google Glasses

Photo by Sebastian Thrun
I had an "aha" moment when I saw this picture and read Annalee Newitz's accompanying story. It's just a kid being swung around by his dad, right? Yeah, but there's more. Because the dad took this picture using his Google glasses, that much-hyped (and sometimes mocked) Next-New-Thing in Augmented Reality. Imagine being able to record everything you see from your glasses. Cool, huh? Yep. And it's coming.

Read more: (IO9) "Could this photograph change the future?"

2 comments:

Jenny Wood said...

Oooooh, I want those!!! I have been waiting all my life for that - or a camera in my eye.

KattyEx said...

What do you think? Do you want a pair of these Google Project glasses
Would you go to the difficulties of wearing contact lenses with pixels in them?