Sunday, June 26, 2016

Spain: One day in Rota

While I didn’t write a formal blog post for my Summer 2016 European adventures, I thought it’d be fun to share some memories I initially stored on Facebook.


Such a nice day: Sleeping in, finding some fresh shrimp for lunch, picking up some swimwear and snagging a spot on the beach, crashing the waves and thinking “there’s no way I could get sunburned today,” getting thoroughly sunburned, taking a nap, finding a place for some swell paella, spotting a colony of stray cats, “losing” our leftover paella to our new best feline friends, revisiting our first apartment from 26 years ago, slurping up some gelato - and realizing (1) how much this town has changed, (2) how much it is exactly the same, and (3) how little of it we explored back when we lived here!


No comments: