Saturday, July 7, 2012

Beijing 2012 - Day 19 (Songzhuang)


Throughout my stay in Beijing, I've hoped to check out G-Dot gallery's "Do Not Erase" street art exhibit, but its distance from the metro intimated me. Heck, I couldn't even find the place on Google Maps. No matter, today would be the day: I would visit G-Dot! So I met with Ian, our local 14-year old Beijing guru, and plotted a course to Songzhuang, a capital of Beijing's avant-garde.


After more than an hour onboard a crowded, bumpy bus, I found myself standing on a dusty intersection of galleries and construction sites. I studied my hand-written maps, double-checked my directions, and - yes, once more - promptly got lost. Fortunately a nice gallery owner was willing to lend a hand; he even insisted that I accept a ride. A few minutes later I commenced my G-Dot tour [Check out more pix].

Sometimes you've just got to trust folks.


Day 18 | Day 20

No comments: